SOME MASTER SOLUTIONS ARE STILL TO COME. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
At the start of the game, the phone rings. Once Nancy's done rolling over, pick up the phone. The conversation with her, and the ferryman, are automatic. When both conversations are complete, move yourself forward onto Blackrock Island.
Walk straight to the house. You will be stopped by Colton. During this conversation, he will give you Jessalyn's phone. It's dead, and the charger is mangled. You'll need to find another way to charge it.
When the conversation with Colton is through, walk over to the other side of the porch, towards the porch swing. When you turn around, pick up the hammer:
- Amateur: Nana (Sarah Emma Thornton), Grandma (Rosalie Thornton), Ghost (Charlotte Thornton), Dodge (Rodger Drummonds Thornton), HT (Harper Thornton), VT (Virginia Thornton), Karenina (Marianna Thornton), Victims (Fifty-Four Souls), and LA (Luther Atchison)
- Master: Grandma (Rosalie Thornton), RN (Ruby Newton), Dodge (Roger Drummonds Thornton), VT (Virginia Thornton), Victims (Fifty-Four Souls), Nana (Sarah Emma Thornton), LA (Luther Atchison), and Ghost (Charlotte Thornton)
- Amateur: 1 on #5, 3 on #4, 1 on #1, and 3 on #6
- Master: 3 on #6, 2 on #3, 4 on #1, 2 on #2, 2 on #5, and 2 on #7
Search the tunnel leading from the workshop: You'll find a backpack when you reach the end of the passage way. Pick it up, and look inside of it. Put the "Thornton Family Tree" and the key part in your inventory, eat the KoKo Kringle (of course!), and look at the sheet of paper with wedding notes on it.
Talk to Harper.
Explore the cellar: There's lots to see in here. Make sure to get the colored tiles from the wine rack, to see the note in the dusty book (behind the used-to-be sitting area), the barrels, the dismantled cart (on the opposite side of the cellar from the barrels), and the little passage that branches off from the cellar to a big metal door. Open the panel on it, and notice that there's a piece missing.
Go back to the parlor and talk to Clara; ask her about her dad, and, even though she told you not to... tattle on Harper. After you get chewed out in the cellar because of Harper's "vanishing act," go back and talk to Clara.
Once the conversation is over, go upstairs. There should be a new note for you.
If you go to Charlotte's room's door and try and use the key you found, you'll notice that it doesn't quite work yet.
Follow the instructions from the note that mentions glass vessels: Return to the cellar, and go to the wine rack. Amateur, BILEO; Master, CFINBK.
Leave the tunnel. Something won't feel right, so Nancy will say that she needs some rest.
You'll have a short, automatic conversation with Bess and Ned. When it's done, pick up the newest letter that's been left for you.
Walk up to the parlor door. Listen to what Clara's saying.
Now walk out the front door. Or... try to at least. Colton will be having another conversation. Listen, and then go outside. Colton will pull you into a conversation.
When you're done, walk towards the porch swing.
Check out the column from the camera's picture library: Click the ivy covered column, remove it, reveal the snake shaped carving, and then click it so that Nancy can copy it. Remember the riddle.
Open the odd tiled puzzle on the fountain: Use the paper that Wade gave you as a guide.
Find a way into the crypt: Use the key you found in the ruins to unlock the crypt.
Take a flower.
Find the bird plate on the empty wall.
Read the newspaper.
Find the window mentioned in the recording of Jessalyn and Addison: Observe the stain glass window in the crypt.
Figure out what's hiding in the stained glass window: The point of the puzzle is to arrange the pieces of the window so that every color in a piece is touching the same color on another piece. If a piece has a fancy metal design on it, that means that that piece is fixed.
Return to the house. As you enter, you'll hear singing. Go upstairs and find the note that talks about someone getting away.
Find a way to watch the movie on the old reel you found: Go to the showroom. Use the old projector. While you're watching it, you'll be interrupted by Clara.
Return to the showroom. There's still a little clip left on the film.
Follow the directions on the note, and try to discover who's sneaking around: Go to the cellar, and take the passageway that leads to the upstairs hallway. Watch what happens.
See what Wade was up to near Charlotte's bedroom: Exit the passage and pick up the key that Wade dropped.
Follow up on images that were spliced into the movie: Return to the ruins, and observe the red wallpaper on the left wall. In order to get to it, you'll need to stack objects from the upper left-hand corner. I didn't get a picture, but I stacked these items in this order: the plank of wood, all the rectangles, all the squares, and then one triangle. This is one of the easiest ways, but it's not the only way. This puzzle, however, is touch sensitive. So be careful when placing objects--they can fall. Once you're up, pull back the wallpaper.
When she copies down the image, part of the ceiling will start to fall. Back up. Don't worry, you can still go back and look at the wall. Remember the rhyme.
Go to the cemetery.
Find Beauregard's grave (in the front row on the left when you are standing at the front of the cemetery, the one on the far left). Click on the bottom of it to wipe off the dust. Note the colors and their order.
Find Ethel's grave: Now that you have the Thornton Family Tree, you can use it to locate Ethel's grave. Her gravestone is the first one in the second row on the left; it ends in "May Newton." Note the date on it.
Follow the instructions on the flower note pt. 2: Return the statue, an pick up what's been left for you.
[Complete] Exploring the crypt & Find a way to use the snake/star/bird design: Now is the time to put those designs to use.
- The bird plate is already on it's correct coffin (#1 in row 2). Complete the puzzle. Take the strips of paper.
- The snake's riddle was, "The first of its kind across the bottom." The second coffin on row 3 is the first coffin with two handles on it. You have the snake plate in your inventory; place it on #2 in row 3. Take the key part.
- Find the star plate on #3 in row 3. Click the brown button next to add it to your inventory. Place it on #2 in row 1 ("Two handles pull out the box to which the star belongs. From the middle it shines, rising above them all"). Take the locket.
Figure out the importance of the name Beauregard: The tiles on Charlotte's jewelry box are the same colors as those on Beauregard's grave. On Amateur, there are only four colors to use (purple, dark green, dark blue, light blue). On Master, there's five (purple, light green, dark green, light blue, dark green). The goal of the puzzle is to make a path from the top left corner to the top right corner by using the pattern given to you on the grave.
Use the tiles on the jewelry box to open a secret compartment: (Amateur, Master coming soon)
The easiest thing to do is start the clocks moving from twelve and to see where they land, so that way you know just how far they all move.
The solution that I received (on Amateur) after setting them all to 12:00 is to set them to 6:00, 12:00, 9:00, 6:00, and 9:00.
Explore the passage that you opened in Charlotte's bedroom: Go down to the end and open the slot and spy on Clara.
Go into the parlor and talk to Clara.
Figure out what's inside the buried box: Use the key you found in Charlotte's jewelry box to open the box underneath the deck. Here is where Ethel's grave comes into play: you need to spell out the date that was listed on her stone.
- Amateur: The date is 1/13/1933... Go left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right.
- Master: The date is 3/14/1933... Go right, right, right, left, right, left, left.
Head to the cemetery when you're done talking to them.
Find the secret in Franklin's memorial: Stop by the statue and look at the plaque. This is Franklin's memorial. Charlotte's journal mentioned that the first (1) and seventh (8) numbers have relevance in trying to open the big door in the cellar.
Find a way to use the flower design: Go into the crypt and put the flower plate on coffin #3 in row 2 (the flower note shows you where to put it). Take the token.
Find a way to unlock the door in the tunnels: Place the "6" token you just got from the flower coffin in the open spot. Charlotte's journal said that, for Amateur, each side needs to be equal 18. For Master, the top/bottom edges are equal to 25, and the sides are equal to 15.
- Amateur: Slide tiles right, up (2), right, down, left (2), up, right, down, left, down, right (2), up, left.
- Master: Slide the tiles right, down, left, up, right (3), down (3), left, up, right, down, left, up (2), right, down, left, up (2), right, down, left (3), down, right (2), up, left, down, right (2), down, left, up, left, down, right, up, right, down, left (3), up, right (2), up, left (2), down, right (2), down, left (2), up (3), right (2), down, right, up, left, down, left, down, right (2), up (2), left, down, right, down, left, up, right, up, left, down.